BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 14, 2011

Welcome To My World

Welcome to my blog.
I wanted to start my own site for sometime now, why? Because I suffer from a condition called Ankylosing Spondylitis , what is that... It's like Rheumatoid Arthritis with some Lupus and some ugly other stuff thrown in just for kicks. Or as a wonderful website support group I found calls it's “Arthritis with an Attitude” you can find them at http://www.kickas.org/

The Spondylitis Association of America almost 1% of the U.S population has this condition, only 7% of the total population carry the gene marker, HLA-B27. Of those almost 1% of the population that have AS only 4% are women. This is pretty much the norm world wide. Yeah leave it to me to get some wild obscure condition.

Oh but AS is more than just Arthritis it comes with all kind of wonderful other stuff like Iritis, which is where the immune system decides that your eye is the enemy/virus and tries to kill it. Imagine little demons behind your eye trying to push your eyeball out, it's fun. We get all the symptoms of RA without the joint damage, yeah pain but no twisted fingers. But the best part is slowly over time the spine calcifies and fuses together, ya know those little old people who are permanently bent over, or the ones with hunchbacks, Go team, that's us.

I wanted to start a blog about this two years ago when the Doctors finally figured out what was wrong with me. I thought I was crazy or some kind of hypochondriac, so did a lot of people. Never really sick, just vague not feeling well. Now my disease has a name, and a horribly bleak prognosis. But I didn't come here to whine, yes I'm in chronic pain, everyday. Yes everyday I wake up to ask myself what kind of crap am I going to feel like today.

Why did I never start that blog? Who the hell wants to listen to someone whine and moan about how bad they feel, or this hurts that hurts. Or that I'm not even 40 years old and this isn't fair. As my best friend Lyn Arroyo said, “I'm too young and beautiful for this to happen to me.” But it did, and no life’s not fair. Put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

One of my passions has always been Hoodoo, yes I said that, so if that offends you please go on to another blog site. I respect everyone's beliefs and I expect mine to be respected. I will be blogging about herbal, alternative and Hoodoo therapy’s.
Now this is no substitution for regular medical care, but something to be used in addition to traditional medication. Always ask your doctor before taking any herbal supplement consult the doctor or nurse.

I was posting back and forth with a friend, Fred on my fav .Ning site
http://conjurecorner.ning.com/ run by the awesome author Denise Alvarado, and an expert in a few hundred other things and Sharon, her business partner,an author & magazine writer,co-publisher of Hoodoo & Conjure Quarterly,a Wiccan High Priestess, & a New Orleans Voodoo & hoodoo authority..Busy women whoo.
I had posted a herbal floor wash to bring luck and prosperity into my house, and it worked real well.
My husband came home from work in severe pain so I made him a bath with it, pain went away completely. Fred said he needed more of those, heck so do I, and in the two years of living with this beast I have developed many. So this blog was born.

I am lucky enough to be stationed in Germany while my husband serves in the U.S Army.
Why is that lucky? German medicine is a lot different than in the U.S. They have a Herbal Tea for Everything. Everything. You are more likely to get prescribed a herbal tea than a medication. Not only that but these great flowers, herbs, barks and berries grow wild over here. And I have wonderful resources on their uses and properties.

I use to be a nurse, a good one. I helped my patients feel better. I felt bad for the ones who were always in pain and had a list of 20+ medications they took everyday. Now I am that patient.
But I ain't going out whining and moaning, I'm going out kicking scratching and fighting. After I kick some AS I'm going to sit down and have some nice ginger tea and soak in a herbal bath.
Keep tuned to Lil Miss Oya's Herbal World, you'll be glad you did

0 comments: